Being a talent in an organization is not immutable since the environment and needs evolve continuously and the aspirations of individuals too. Also, talent can only express itself and exist as such if it is in line with the environment of the company and its culture.
” It is a way of exercising know-how that brings value to the company, and it is what makes the difference with identical profile and competence ” – François Dick
Talent, an Individual Attribute
Both talent and competence are attributes worn by people individually.
Like competence, talent develops or is abandoned according to the personal evolution of the individual and the context which requires or not to mobilize them or which stimulates them or not…
However, unlike the skill for which everyone agrees that it is acquired and transmitted by field learning, training, or mentoring, many see in natural talent dispositions that would make the difference, as for artists or athletes.
As innate as it may be, it is also agreed that the conditions and the environments of its expression are decisive for it to be identified and appreciated in its deliverables (the emotions of the artist’s work, the athlete’s podium, an innovation created by the talented employee in the company…) Marie-Pierre FLEURY.
Talent is one of the keys to employability. It is necessary to put it in direct line with the skills sought by an employer according to his environment and his culture.
Develop your talents, it starts now and for that, you must:
- Build your self-confidence: The philosopher Emerson wrote: ” Self-confidence is the first secret of success. ” We can work on specific aspects of our personality and on our behavior with others to improve our self-confidence.
- Refine your added value: It is a question of finding its own added value and, therefore, its private keys to long-term success, thanks to innovative and fun tools. It is a question of specifying what our skills and talents can bring to a company, that it added value we will generate for it.
- Know how to differentiate yourself: It is a question here of identifying in what ways you can focus on yourself and be chosen over another, solely through your intrinsic qualities. You have to perfectly master all the characteristics of your professional career but also of your personality.
- Boost your motivation First: take a moment to ask yourself if this change is indeed voluntary and beneficial for you. Nothing better than a nearby goal to re-boost yourself. Steam can be instantly turned around as soon as you make even small changes to your regular routine.
- Choose your activities better: You have probably already gained professional experience. Even short, it was necessarily formative. Also, rather than turning to a completely different profession, it is in your best interest to capitalize on all or part of your experience. Otherwise, let your talents and aspirations guide yourself.
Discover Your Talents
The first thing to do to develop your abilities is the first to identify them. If you don’t know about talent, how could you develop it? The question that naturally arises is how to discover your skills.
Help yourself with the help of these tips:
- List the activities that you really enjoy
- Ask yourself what you liked in the past.
- When you were a child, what activity (s) did you enjoy the most?
- And today, what makes you vibrate the most?
- Remember the times when you were happiest
Then try to see what you were doing at these times. If you don’t really know what you like, the best idea would probably be to test. By testing, you will discover your strengths and weaknesses as well as the profession or activity that suits you best. You can also ask your family or friends to tell you what they think are your strengths and weaknesses. To find your talent or your gift, you must first discover what makes you vibrate. When you find what you vibrate for, then you already know what your talent is.
Developing your talents means setting goals. Without a goal, you cannot improve in one area. Also, your goal should be realistic and specific. Don’t say, for example, “I’m going to learn Italian.” But say, “I’m going to take an Italian course in September”.
Take on Challenges
Try to exceed your limits every time. When you set a goal, don’t settle for something you know you can achieve. But set yourself a goal that allows you to surpass yourself. Whenever you exercise your talent, strive to exceed your previous limits.
So, day by day, you will expand your field of possibilities, and you will become better at what you do.
Example: if you have a gift for writing, and you want to develop it, decide to write a report on a subject that you are not familiar with. Thus, you will be able to surpass yourself in a realistic and useful way.
Take a Class
It can be interesting to take a course to develop your talents. For example, if you have a talent for music, you can take a music course to improve in this area. If you have a talent for dancing, take a dance class to improve yourself. You see the principle, I hope … Find a course that suits your style. Register and train to improve your talent…
By finding partners who have the same goal as you, you will be able to motivate, encourage, and inspire each other. This will make it easier for you to overcome obstacles.
It’s really inspiring to develop your talents in the company of other people. Try it, and you will give me the news!
Believe in Yourself
If you trust yourself, it will be easier for you to develop your talents. Because you will not be afraid of failing, you will take risks more efficiently, and you will be focused on achieving your goals. To develop your self-confidence. I hope these six tracks will help you discover and develop your talents.
And a conclusion on how to develop your talents? Remember: you have something special in you. Your mission is to reveal it to the rest of the world to make it better.